Thursday, March 07, 2019

Meet The Homeless Americans Living in Walmart Parking Lots

For thousands of homeless Americans, Walmart parking lots are the safest place to sleep. Many of these homeless are Veterans forgotten and disrespected by the very people they served and risked their lives for. Remember, the suicide and homeless rate for U.S. Veterans (who are roughly only 7% if the U.S. population sacrificing for the other 93% of Americans) are significantly higher than adults who never served in the Military.

"The suicide rate was 1.5 times greater for veterans than for adults who never served in the military, even after adjusting for age and gender.

The gap was even greater for female veterans: after adjusting for age, their suicide rate was 1.8 times greater than the rate for non-veteran women in 2016." ~ The Guardian

No comments: